As we have always been more cats than dogs ...
This week I would like to tell you about one of those places that, I put my hand on the fire, you will like 9 out of 10, and is that far from wanting to approach any archetype mainstream ... who does not like a croquette? Hey? Who? ...
The Gastrocroquetería moved to Malasaña a few months ago, it may be (oh, poor me!) If it had not been for that, I would never have known it, but fortunately it was so, and my visit to it, was more than memorable, not only by the company (which also was) but for the pleasure and delight surrounding one of the most wanted and desired delicacies of our kitchen, Chema Soler, an experienced Valencian chef who loves the culture of the tapa, knows this well, and for this reason a few years ago, together with his partner and maitre of the current restaurant, embarked on this gastronomic adventure where the protagonist It is always that breaded pie, tender and delicious.
Some thought it was crazy, others, something that had to exist. I am more of the second group ...
In the central Calle Barco, a discrete door opens the way to a local flirtatious divided into three zones.
* BAR: as they say , for a "casual tapas" but of quality, bar and high tables, without reserve.
* THE FACTS OF TAPAS: a tour of the richest flavors of our kitchen in mini size, sometimes with a turn of the nut, others, with a presentation, simply 100% appetizing.
* L'ATELIER DE LA GASTRO: display of creativity and taste, delight and reinvention around the same concept from a hundred points of view. Unforgettable.More news: Where to go and what to do in Chicago and suburbs | The race
More news: Celestina Warbeck | Harry Potter Wiki | Fandom powered by Wikia
More news: Course Notes 1402
The letter, in turn, is also divided into three:
* CROQUETAS: and just to give you an idea ...
with egg and ham, from sepia in its ink, from cod, potato and pine nuts, from prawns to garlic, from chicken with guacamole, from ham ...
· From tapas for Madrid: selection of 6 tapas to share. You're not going to get hungry or disappoint you, it was our choice, and it was an orgasm for almost an hour. For a good tribute ... any day is good.
After reading this, if you are not salivating without barely thinking or reading I will tell you that the atmosphere is cozy, intimate and very pleasant ... it smells wonderful , and that, although it may be impossible on certain days to book, it will be worth going. Although it is a site that could certainly be very touristy, a lot of the clientele (at least when I was there) is a national one ... we know what is good, even if it is only what you eat (ejem, ejem ...)
It kills me ... if I am honest, it does not kill me, it is one of the few places that I It is hard to find fault, however ... in the "I love" I can calmly say things like ... his dishes ... a monster, original and dispar that caught my attention. For brewers to mention that to marry these delicacies they have a selection of artisan beers that are rotating and among which are La Cibeles or La Socarrada (awarded as the best beer in the world in 2012), is not it?
And last but not least ... desserts, yes, croquettes, empanadas with biscuit flour, oreo, tiramisu, cheescake ... I repeat ... oreo !, wordless.
More than a recommendation is a warning ... do not miss it.
Enjoy it as much as I do ... and until the next cat and cat!